A skin boil is also called a skin abscess, a severe infection deep in the skin. Generally a boil generally begins as a tender area of skin that may become red in time. Boils can be an unsightly bother, but for the most part they're fairly harmless. They only stick around for a few weeks as well, and can be treated using a few remedies you can find in your home.
|Boils Home Remedies|
Skin Boils Natural Cure
- Use Garlic and Onion: Onion juice or garlic juice may be applied on boils externally to ripen them, break and evacuate the pus. Juices of both these can be mixed in equal quantities and applied on the boil for effective results.
- Use Bitter Gourd: To treat boils, a cupful of fresh bitter gourd juice can be mixed with 1 teaspoon of lime juice. The mixture should be sipped on slowly on an empty stomach everyday for a few days.
- Use Milk Cream: Milk cream remedy is useful in the treatment of boils. Apply a mixture of a teaspoon each of milk cream and vinegar with a pinch of turmeric powder. This helps to ripen the boils and heal them without letting them become septic.
- Use Betel Leaves: A betel leaf is gently warmed till it softens. Coat it with a layer of castor oil. Spread the oiled leaf over the boil. Replace this every few hours. After applying a few times, boil ruptures and drains out all the purulent matter.
- Use Cumin Seeds: Cumin seeds are ground to a paste in water. This cumin seed paste is applied to boils for beneficial results.
- Use Parsley: For boils treatment, steep parsley in boiled water till it becomes soft and juicy. When it is comfortably hot, wrap it in a clean cloth, preferably muslin or linen and apply it on the boils as a poultice.
- Use Turmeric: In case of fresh boils, roast a few dry roots of turmeric, dissolve the ashes in a cupful of water and then apply over the affected areas. This solution helps boils to ripen and burst.
- Parsley flakes: The parsley has to be dry parsley flakes. Place dry parsley flakes on and around the boil. Cover the area and leave on overnight. This may have to be repeated if the pus is deep.
- Tomato paste: Apply tomato paste on and around the boil. Cover this with a piece of gauze aand leave it on overnight. The next morning the boil would have burst or is about to burst. Repeat this if necessary.
- Epsom salt: Take a container of hot water. Dip a washcloth in the hot water and then quickly into the epsom salt and place over the boil. When it cools down, repeat many times as possible untill the boil bursts.
- Onions: Cut an onion in half. Heat one half in a fry pan but do not burn it. Remove the middle of the onion so it's just big enough to accommodate the boil. Leave it over the boil untill the onion has cooled completely. This will draw out the pus.
- Baking soda: Take a damp cloth and heat it for some time in a microwave. Place over the boil till it cools. Repeat this several times. Make a paste mixing baking soda with a little water. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply to the boil. Tape it and Leave on for at least 2 hours. When you take the cotton ball off the boil the head should pop and the pus will ooze out.
- Glass bottle: Boil some water and place the bottle in the water. The bottle should be hot enough for you to stand against the skin without getting burnt. Place the bottle opening over the boil and hold it there. The heat will create a suction and pull the boil out.
- Charcoal: Take come charcoal powder. Add a few drops of water to make a paste and apply this paste to the boil. Cover the boil and leave on overnight. When the cover is removed the boil will pop right away and the pus will ooze out.
- Flour: Mix some flour with a few vinegar drops and make a thick paste. Apply this paste to the boil and cover it. Leave this overnight. The next morning the paste would have hardened. When you pull this off, the pus will ooz out.
- Banana peel: Place banana peels on the boil and leave it, preferably overnight. The next morning the boil would have drained on its own.
- Bread and Lime Juice: Soak a piece of Bread in Lemon juice and apply to the boil.