Psoriasis is a chronic skin diseases,characterized by red, thick, silvery, scaled patches on the skin. Can also be considered as an inflammatory skin condition. It affects both male and female and seen to appear in the age group of 15-30 years. It is rarely found in infants and elderly people. The patches of psoriasis mainly arise on body parts like elbows, trunk, knees and scalp, including finger nails and toe nails. Psoriasis not contagious and is caused by incorrect signals in the immune system. There are a number of helpful home remedies for psoriasis like the Water Therapy or oil massage or exercise. The basis of many powerful theraputic psoriasis treatments is the combination of sea salts and water . There are many water therapy administered at ayurvedic centers, spas and health centers around the world. Dermatologists are recommending Epsom Sea Salt baths for patients with psoriasis, eczema and other dry skin conditions.The cleansing properties of a sea salt bath to help in detoxifying the body and cleaning the pores. The right exercises can be very effective for psoriasis. Here exercises that are gentle and non-impactive on the joints are preferred.Cycling, tai chi, and swimming (especially in heated water) are excellent forms of exercise for psoriasis.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- Salt Water Bath & Soak: The hot Epsom salts bath has been proven eggective in the treatment of psoriasis. Regular seawater baths and application of seawater over the affected parts atleast once a day is highly helpful. Shower, swimming, soaking in a tub, and applying wet compresses in the affeted areas can rehydrate very dry skin and help soften and remove thick psoriasis scales without damaging the skin.
- Mudpacks: Use mudpacks on the affected skin. They absorb and remove the toxins from the affected areas.
- Olive Oil: Always remeber to moisturize your skin after a salt bath. Use olive oil for this.
- Bitter gourd & Lime juice: Take a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice and mix with a teaspoon of limejuice on an empty stomach daily forfew months. This is a good diet for psoriasis treatment.
- Natural Compress: Take cabbage leaves and use this as a compress. Wash the leaves and then apply the leaves on the affected area.
- Vinegar dip: Apple cider vinegar has always been used to soothe minor burns and other skin inflammations. It has also been found effective for psoriasis treatment according to the Psoriasis Foundation. For affected fingernails and toenails, take a bowl filled with venegar and dip your nails in for a few minutes. For other parts, make a solution with 1 cup vinegar and 1 gallon water. Soak a wash cloth in the mixture and apply it to the skin to ease itching.
- Plastic wrap. After you douse your patches in moisturizer, wrap them in plastic wrap to help hold the moisture in. Change the wrapping often.
- Aloe vera gel: The gel of aloe vera leaves can also be used on the affected area.
- More Oil Massage: Add one teaspoon of wheat germ oil and one teaspoon of castor oil in one cup of sunflower oil. This mixture can be used as lotion for your body and applied twice in a day.