Home Remedies for Constipation: Constipation Treatment with Fruits
Generally all fruits, except banana and jack fruit, are helpful in the treatment of constipation. Certain fruits are, however, more effective.
- Bael Fruit: Bael fruit is considered as the best of all laxatives. It cleans and tones up the intestines. Its regular use atleast for 2-3 months throws out even the old accumulated faecal matter. It should be preferably taken in its original form.
- Pear: Pears are effective in the treatment of constipation. An exclusive diet of this fruit or its juice is recommended for chronic patients for a few days. But in normal cases, a medium-sized pear taken after dinner or with breakfast will produce desired result.
- Guava:Guava is another effective remedy for constipation. One or two guavas, preferable should be taken everyday.
- Grapes:Grapes have proved very beneficial in treating constipation. The combination of grapes' properties like cellulose, sugar, and organic acid make them a laxative food. They not only clearing the bowels but also tone up the stomach and intestines.
- Orange: Orange is also beneficial in the treatment of constipation. Taking one or two oranges on rising in the morning and at bedtime is an excellent way of stimulating the bowels.
- Papaya and Figs: Other fruits for constipation treatment are papaya and figs. Half a medium-sized papaya should be eaten at breakfast for it to act as a laxative. Both fresh and dry figs have a laxative effect. Soaked 4-5 figs overnight in a little water and eat them in the morning.
Lime:Half a lime, squeezed in a glass of hot water, with half a teaspoon of salt is also an effective remedy for constipation.
Other Natural Constipation Treatment
- Raisin: When fresh grapes are not available, raisins, soaked in water, can be used. Raisins should be soaked overnight. This will make them swell to the original size of the grapes. They should be eaten early in the morning, along with the water in which they have been soaked.
- Spinach and carrot juice: Among the vegetables, spinach is the most vital food for the entire digestive tract. Raw spinach contains the finest organic material for the cleansing, reconstruction, and regeneration of the intestinal tract. Raw spinach juice, approx.-100 ml, mixed with an equal quantity of water and taken twice daily, will cure constipation within a few days. Carrot juice mixed with spinach juice gives immediate relief from constipation.
- Water:To dring 8-10 glasses of water everyday brings a solution to many intestinal problems. Drinking water which has been kept overnight in a copper vessel, first thing in the morning, brings effective results in treating constipation.
- Linseed (alse): A teaspoon of linseed swallowed with water before each meal is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation.
- Fennel seed:Take some fennel seeds and add them to a glass full of warm water. Drink this water each night before going to bed. The regular use of the seeds will normalize the functioning of the digestive system and heal the constipation problems.
- Epsom Salt:Mix 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom salt to 1/2 a glass of water and drink. This is a good constipation remedy.
- Almond oil with milk: Take milk mixed with almond oil every night before going to sleep. This controls the constipation.
- Triphala powder: 4 grams of triphala powder when taken with 200 grams of warm water or milk also relieves constipation.
Constipation diet: What to eat? Natural and simple diet consisting of unrefined foods such as wholegrain cereals, bran, honey, lentils, green and leafy vegetables, fresh and dry fruits, and milk products in the form of butter, and cream. Chew food properly. Avoid Irregular Meals and Hurried Meals.
What to avoid ?Sugar and sugary foods should be strictly avoided. Foods which constipate are all products made of white flour, bread, rice, pulses, cakes, cheese, pastries, biscuits, fleshy foods, preserves, white sugar, hard-boiled eggs etc.