A well maintained and healthy hair is wished by one and all. While we take care of our body, we often neglect our hair and this leads to dull and damaged hair. In such cases, hair spa treatment can be the perfect solution for nourishing and rejuvenating your long or short hair. Hair spa treatment is useful for problems like as hair loss, dull hair, dandruff, damaged hair, split ends, etc. Hair spa is a wonderful way of nourishing your hair and it is always better to opt for natural hair products. Also you can do a hair spa at the comforts of your own home instead of visiting the nearby parlor. Getting it done from a hair salon may cost you beyond your budget for personal grooming. Still, it is not fair to skip such an important aspect of your beauty enhancement.
Oiling: Massage the scalp nicely with warm olive oil or almond oil to relax for about 15-20 minutes. Once the oiling is done, just wrap a towel dipped in warm water around your head. The towel should be well squeezed. The idea is to provide steam to your hair. The steam provided to hair helps in penetrating the oil within the scalp.
Just shampoo them well with a mild natural shampoo after 2-3 hours. Try not to rub the scalp with shampoo and make sure you use luke warm water to wash the hair. The hair needs to be rinsed properly.
Next condition the hair with a suitable conditioner. It would be better to use a herbal hair conditioner. Rinse the hair well with conditioner so that the excess of slipperiness is gone. To make sure that every hair strand is conditioned, make small sections of hair to apply conditioner.
Applying Hair Mask
As a last step, you need to apply hair mask for nourishing the hair. You can make hair masks at home too. Check out some of the hair masks here:
- Egg and Oil Hair Mask: Make a mixture of 2 eggs and 6 spoonfuls of coconut oil. Whisk it thoroughly. It should be a smooth mixture. Apply this mixture on scalp with the help of fingers. Massage thoroughly so that the heat produced by the friction of fingers while massaging would help the oil penetrate deep into the scalp. Cover the hair for sometime and then rinse it off with a herbal shampoo after 20 minutes.
- Banana and Milk Hair Mask: Mix one mashed banana with 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of milk, one beaten egg, and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix together thoroughly to get a smooth mixture. Apply it evenly all over the head and wash it thoroughly with a herbal shampoo. A shiny and healthy mane is in front of you.
- Mayonnaise and Honey Hair Mask: Take half a cup of mayonnaise and mix it well with two tablespoons of honey. Use a blender to whip it. Apply generously all over the head and than wash it off using a mild shampoo. This one is a wonderful hair mask conditioner.
- Avocado and Coconut Milk: Mix mashed avocado with coconut milk. Apply this on your hair from the base to the ends. Rinse thoroughly after half an hour or so.
- Oatmeal and Yogurt: Oatmeal mixed with yogurt makes an excellent hair mask.
- Mayonnaise and Avocado Mask: Mix mashed avocados with mayonnaise and apply to the hair.
- Avocado and Egg Mask: Mix ripe avocado with an egg and some wheat germ oil or Castor oil or olive oil too. Apply this
Note: Do not do hair spa more than thrice a week in case you have dry hair. If you have oily hair, you can perform every alternate day. Skip the first step of oil massaging if your hair is too oily.