A few essential products easily available in the kitchen or home are sufficient to give your bathroom a clean and shiny appearance. These are
- Baking Soda
Find ou how these can make your faucets, sinks, tubs, windows, toilets clean and shiny.
- Soak a cloth or paper towel in vinegar. Wrap this around your faucet and tie it tightly with a rubberband. Another option is to pour white vinegar on the faucet. Let it sit for an hour. After that wipe the faucet clean with a soft cloth.
- You can make a paste with 3-parts baking soda to 1-part water. The paste can be applied to the faucet. Let it remain for an hour or so, and then wipe it clean.
- Use salt. Apply salt to the affected area like lime scale with a cloth thats slightly damp. Then leave for a few minutes, and rub firmly with the a clean cloth. This should remove the limescale. Then rinse.
How to clean sinks and tubs?
Apply vinegar or lemon juice and leave it for half an hour. Scrub clean with a sponge or soft cloth.
How to clean toilets?
- Make a solution of white vinegar and borax-both of equal quantities. Pour solution in the toilet bowl. Dont scrub for 2 hours. After 2 hours, scrub clean with a toilet brush.
- Add undiluted white vinegar to your full toilet bowl and scrub it clean.
- Or simply use borax. Deodorize a smelly toilet by sprinkling 1/4 cup borax into the bowl. Then use the toilet brush to rub. Let stand for 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
- Make a solution of vinegar and water and keep it in a sprayer. Just spray this on your windows and shower doors. Scrub with newspaper. This removes mineral stains left from hard water.
- If you can't stand the smell of vinegar, you can substitute straight lemon juice or club soda (don't dilute either in water).
- Use leftover white wine to remove lime scale from glass.
- Tile can be cleaned with vinegar, baking soda, salt and lemon juice. They are least expensive and most effective products to clean with and also easily available. Make a paste of 1 cup salt, 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup vinegar and this paste will get most any soap scum built up on tile. Rub the tile with a non-abrasive sponge. Leve for some time and then wash it.
- You can also dip a sponge in lemon juice and wipe down tile surfaces to create a shine, This will not only make the wall shine but also leave the area smelling fresh. Infect a touch of citrus can also disinfect the bathroom.
- To keep bathroom surfaces clean and odor-free, simply used basking soda, dust with it, and scrub with a moist sponge or cloth. If you want you can add salt and baking soda.
- Use baking soda and boiling water. You can also use vinegar if needed. Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into the problem drain. Then pour 2 cups of boiling water or you can use vinegar. Cover tightly, allowing the vigorous fizzing of the chemical reaction to break up the gunk. Then flush that with one gallon of boiling water.
- A mixture of baking soda and vinegar regularly thrown down your drains can help prevent clogs from forming.
Make you own disinfectant
Instead of bleach, make your own bathroom disinfectant by mixing 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of liquid soap and 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil.