Anorexia (Anorexia nervosa) is a serious medical condition where the patient loses weight tremendously due to dieting, starving or fasting. The people with anorexia are always concerned about their weight, about how they look and what they are eating. The thought of gaining weight force them to avoid eating, taking laxatives or spend many hours exercising. In many cases, anorexia patients can die from starving themselves. The anorexia symptoms are usually seen more in celebrities, fashion models and movie stars who need to look good all the time.
There are many causes of anorexia like emotional problems, depression, genes and family history, an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Also the chances of developing anorexia occur when you want to look more slim and trim to face the fashion world and start dieting more than that you are supposed to.
You know that you have Anorexia when you are
- Always thinking about your weight
- Thinking that you are fat
- Frightened about getting fat
- Becoming obsessed with losing weight
- Fear of putting on weight
- Starving just to lose weight etc.
Home Remedies for Anorexia
When you have any of these symptoms and you have started losing weight drastically just by dieting and starving, it is a warning that you are suffering from anorexia. Before it is to late, start opting for natural remedies to be back in your normal self. There are certain home remedies for anorexia.
- Ginger: The first effective home remedy for treating anorexia is the ginger and rock salt treatment. Take a little piece of ginger, peel it off. Crush it, add little rock salt, few drops of lemon, very little asafetida, and one black pepper and make a paste. Have this daily on empty stomach at least for 15 days. This improves your appetite.
- Oranges and Apples: Eat 2-3 fresh oranges a day. This increases the appetite and is one of the simple home remedies for anorexia. An apple a day is also very helpful. Apple also tone up the digestive system. It also provides some roughage for smooth digestion.
- Cloves: Another simple home remedy is to boil 2-3 cloves in 1 cup of water. Strain. Add little lime juice to this and drink 2 times a day.
- Garlic: Garlic stimulates the digestive power. Include garlic to your daily diet to increase the appetite.
- Lime and Ginger: Instead of making ginger lime paste every morning, you can also make a formulae at home and store it properly. Take one teaspoon of lime, mix it with an equal quantity of the juice of the ginger. Add 1 gram of the rock salt. Mix it properly and keep it in the sunlight for at least three days. Take a teaspoon of this mixture after each meal. This will improve the digestive power and also make you feel hungry.
- Raw Tomato: Simply eating raw tomato increases appetite to some extent.
- Ghee: Ghee is one of the best food for increasing the appetite. Add ghee in you dal and curries.
- Other home remedies: The most effective way of treating anorexia is to have a proper diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Have vegetable or chick soups regularly. While making the soup, add garlic and black pepper. This improves in digestion and will increase the appetite. Increase the green vegetable salads in the meals. This may include tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, beets and capsicums. The salad can be garnished by sprinkling the rock salt and squeezing the half of the lemon with the pinch of black pepper.