Effective Home Remedies for Acidity
Below are some useful home remedies for getting relief from acidity:
- Take a lemon and cut it into thin strips. Dip these in salt and eat before meals. This prevents heartburn.
- Take some mint leaves and and boil. Squeeze out the water in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals. It is helpful in the treatment of acidity.
- Eat a banana daily.
- When you have acidity, to get instant relief, take a piece of Jaggery (gur) and keep it in the mouth and slowly suck it to reduce the acidity.
- Drink coconut water few times a day daily.
- Make a fine powder of ginger powder, black pepper, asafetida (hing), anise seeds, dried mint leaves, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt taken equally. Take one teaspoon of this powder with water, twice a day after meals.
- Add sugar to juice of white onions and consume daily.
- Eat pineapple sprinkle with black pepper powder and sugar daily.
Eat chopped white onions mixed it with sugar and curd.
- Make a paste of one tablespoon juice of gooseberry, 10 grams of black grapes and half tablespoon of honey. Eat this daily. This helps in getting complete relief from acidity in due course of time.
- Make juice of lemon water with sugar and consume it one hour before lunch daily.
- One of the best means of getting relief from acidity is to consume leaves of tulsi(holy basil) with curd or butter milk. You can simply chew some basil leaves to get relief.
Other helpful tips
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat fruits
Avoid fried food.
- Avoid pickle, hot and spicy food
- Take your meals on time and don’t skip your meals.
- Avoid garlic, onion, pepper, radish and cabbage.
- Eat green and leafy vegetables.