Scrubs are great for getting rid of the dead skin. Infact for any facial activity, scrubbing is the most essential step required. Try a facial scrub prior to applying a face mask. Face scrubbing is essential to exfoliate the skin. There are many over-the-counter scrubs which are costly and made of chemicals which may not be suitable for skin. There are m,any easy to make home made scrubs which are natural, chemical free and most important of all less expensive. All of you have to check is your kitchen shelf or household items to make these scrubs.
How to Start a General Scrubbing Process?
- Tie hair back and wash your face.
- To open pores, steam face over hot water. You can also press warm cloth to skin for a few minutes.
- Prepare the scrub.
- Apply it to face (and neck if desired).
- Use a facial loofah, sponge, or brush to maximize exfoliation. Using circular motion, apply all over the face avoiding the eyes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Enjoy results!
|Homemade Facial Scrubs|
Make your Own Facial Scrubs
Presenting below some fun to prepare scrubs for your skin. These scrubs are suitable for all skin types and for all seasons, unless unless stated otherwise. They leave you with a clean, soft, refreshing skin .
- Almond Scrub: Take few almonds and grind them roughly. Add few drops of rose water, make a paste of it and then apply to your skin.This make your face soft and smooth.
- Strawberry Facial Scrub: Make a mixture of 2 mashed strawberries and 1 tsp brown sugar and . Brown sugar will remove dead cells and strawberries will make your skin baby-soft.
- Sea-salt and Olive Oil Facial Scrub: Take a mixture of 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp sea salt and apply gently to a wet face. This will remove dead cells and improve micro-circulation. Olive oil is good for nourishing the skin.
- Honey Sugar Scrub: Take 1 tsp. of honey and 1/2 tsp. of sugar. Blend in bowl. Apply. Rinse very thoroughly, as this recipe can be slightly sticky. This can also be used as a body scrub.
- Honey Cleansing Scrub: Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 tsp ground almonds. Rub gently onto face. Rinse off with warm water.
- Walnut Powder Scrub: Make a mixture of 1 tsp walnut powder,1/2 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice. Scrub your face with it. Rinse well.
- Banana Scrub: Take 2 tsp mashed banana, 2 tsp rolled oats, 1 tsp milk, 1 tsp honey and apply on your face.
- Milk and Honey Scrub: Choose your milk as per your skin type: 1 tsp Skim Milk (Oily skin) 1 tsp 2% Milk (Normal or combination) 1 tsp Cream (Dry). Add 1 tsp honey, 1 tbsp ground almonds in it and scrub your face with it.
- Papaya Facial Scrub: Mash a piece of papaya, then add 1/2 tsp brown sugar and rub your face with it. Leave it on for few minutes and rinse well. Your skin will be fresh and glowing . Feel the difference!
- Baking Soda & Lemon: In a small bowl, add about 2 tbs baking soda and slowly apply lemon juice. The mixture will foam and fizz. Apply enough juice to make a thin, loose paste. Apply to skin in a circular motion for a minute or 2. Rinse with a warm cloth and water. Smooth, clear skin!
- Baking Soda Facial Scrub: Apply baking soda on wet face using circular motions. Wash your face after some time. Your face becomes soft.