How many of you want to have that dazzling white teeth? We must keep our teeth as clean as possible to reduce yellowing of teeth, oral and dental problems. There are various ayurvedic treatments that can help you to have permanent whitening and strengthening of the teeth, without any side effects. These days many teeth whitening products in the form of ayurvedic paste, herbs, tooth powder are available. But along with this, you can also opt for some diet changes that will lead to the whitening of teeth.
- Margosa (Azadirachtha indica): Neem or Margosa twig as a tooth brush has been used since time immemorial to keep teeth clean and strong. This is one of the best ayurvedic herbs known for curing any type dental problem. You can also apply neem oil as antiseptic against bad breath and microorganism.
- Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum): Brush your teeth with the powder made from the leaves of Holy Basil. Take basil or tulsi leaves, dry them under the sun and ground it into powder. Whitening of teeth is one thing that can be achieved from Tulsi. But along with this pyorrhea (bleeding in gums) can also be treated with holy basil.
- Babul (Acacia arabica): As per ayurveda, babul is another herb used for tooth care. Use the twig of babul plant as a tooth brush just like neem and feel the freshness for the whole day. Tannin in babul will help in the whitening of teeth.
Ayurvedic Tips for Teeth Care
- Mix mustard oil and salt and apply this on your teeth with the help of your finger. This will cause the whitening of your teeth.
- Make a paste basil leaves and mustard oil. Daily brush your teeth with this. This is a very good ayurveda tips for teeth whitening.
- Rub your teeth with babul or neem twigs instead of brush in the morning. This removes plaque.
- In diet make sure to have something bitter, astringent and pungent.
- Eat less of chocolate and sugar content as sugar is harmful for teeth.
- Rinse your mouth properly after eating something.
- Drink less tea and coffee to have white and strong teeth.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not eat paan or beetle leaf for long life of your teeth and yourself.
Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening and Care
- Take the orange peel and rub it on your teeth at night. This is acidic. This will work on plaque giving you white teeth in the morning.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables containing vitamin C. So include strawberries, oranges, tomatoes in your diet. Or you can also apply their juice directly on your teeth for whitening.
- Take sodium bicarbonate and apply this on your teeth every morning instead of tooth brush.
- Apply clove oil on your teeth to reduce the teeth problems.
- Take a dry ginger and dried orange peel. Make the paste with water and apply it on your teeth for whitening.
- Massage your teeth and gums with sesame or clove oil every morning with your finger. Good ayurveda teeth care tip.