Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
- Wash your feet before going to bed. Apply any shortening or hydrogenated vegetable oil on dry and cracked areas of the feet. Wear a pair of thick socks overnight. This can surely provide positive results in few days.
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana and leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it clean.
- Soak the feet in lemon juice for about 10 minutes. This therapy if followed on a weekly basis can bring changes.
- A regular application of a mixture of glycerin and rosewater is known to cure cracked heels.
- Another result oriented solution is to melt paraffin wax and mix it well with little mustard oil. Apply on the dry or cracked area of the heels. Rinse it off in the morning. A continuous application can achieve desirable results.
- Rubbing pumic stone or foot scrubber is helpful in clearing the dead dull skin.
Moisturize Your Feet
Moisturize and exfoliate the feet whenever possible. A daily regime of cleaning and moisturizing is a good cure for cracked heels. Soak your feet in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Make a healing mixture of one teaspoon Vaseline and the juice of one lemon. Rub this mixture onto the cracked heels till it is thoroughly absorbed. This can be done daily until visible results are obtained.
Simple Tips to Follow
- Wear right sized shoes to foot pain. You should buy new shoes in the evening because that is the time when there is water retention in the body and you will come to know the exact size of your feet.
- Never wear shoes in wet legs and never wear wet soaks.
- You can spray foot spray or powder in your shoes while putting your feet in.
- Keep feet clean and dirt free.
- Exercise the feet regularly.
- You can apply petroleum jelly or your daily body lotion on your feet every night before going to bed.
- Alternate hot and cold water for a feet bath to soothe the feet.
- Avoid walking bare feet as much as possible.
- Drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrate.
- Walk on the grass barefoot early morning. It rejuvenates the feet and improves the eyesight.
- If there is pain in your feet then soak them in hot water with salt added to it and alter the feet in cold.
- Cracked heels may be sign of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids deficiency in your body. So add them in your daily diet.
- Being over weight too results in permanent cracked heels. So the best home remedy for it is to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.