On a regular basis, try these following remedies. Even when your levels go down, you should continue with it. These remedies are highly beneficial to have a healthy living
- Drink water: Make sure you drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water every single day.
- Garlic: Garlic is regarded as one of the most effective home remedy in lowering the blood pressure. Eat two cloves of garlic every morning. Garlic also reduces your cholesterol levels.
- Indian gooseberry (amla): This fruit is another effective home remedy for high blood pressure. One tablespoonful each of fresh amla juice and honey mixed together should be taken every day.
- Exercise: Excercise on a regular basis. Try to do it moderately initially. But remember it is always better to exercise with perspiration. Jog 1-2 miles at least 5 days a week so that you do perspire. Swimming, dancing are other forms of exercises. Just devote half to one hour everyday only for exercises and see what difference it makes to your life. But do not exert yourself much.
- Nutritional food: Try to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Fruits like lime fruit, water melon, oranges, grapefruit are helpful in toning up the arteries, lowers the blood pressure and safeguard against hypertension. Take low fat diet. No restaurant food. Mostly homemade food which may contain light oily food.
- Avoid salt altogether if you can.
- Lose weight:If you are overweight, then try to lose weight. One effective way to reduce choleseterol and weight is to drink lime juice mixed with honey and luke warm water.
- Try to avoid stress if you can.This is very very important. Stress is one of the main reason for hypertension and high blood pressure. Take your mind off of anything that bothers you. Take on a hobby. The other option is to do yoga to relieve you from mental stress and to relax you.
- Yoga: Yogic asanas such as suryanamaskar, matsyasana, makarasana, vajrasana, ardhpadmasana, pavanmuktasana, shavasana are beneficial asanas If not all these, then just do the simple pranayama.
- Proper sleep: At least six hours of continuous sleep.
Fasting is a good way to control your calorie intake. Fast atleast one time a week. Just east fruits, skimmed milk and have normal dinner. Fasting also help in controlling craving for the food for the rest of the week.
Walking barefoot on green grass for 15-20 minutes daily helps in improving blood circulation. This also helps to maintain the blood pressure at normal. Isn' it this a good and easy high blood pressure remedy.
Water treatment Hot foot or leg bath and hot compress over the heart for 10 minutes have been proved beneficial in high blood pressure treatment.
Other home treatments